Protecting Your Skin With Collagen


What does collagen have to do with your skin? And what is the relationship of collagen with the summer sun? To understand the connection, we need to understand the layers of the skin and interaction to the sun’s UV rays.

Your skin consists of the outermost layer of the skin, the epidermis, the dermis just below it, and finally the hypodermis, located under the outer and middle layers.

When UV rays hit the epidermis, most of the rays (95% or more) are blocked. The remaining 5% (or less) is absorbed by the collagen contained in the second layer, the dermis.

So what exactly is collagen? Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Collagen, derived from the Greek word kólla, meaning glue, prevents our body from breaking down, helps keep it together. Collagen makes up 15% of our dry weight.

People with low collagen rates are more likely to suffer sports injuries and get skin damage from sun rays. At this point, the main problem is that our collagen production in the body begins to decrease in from the age of 20, and collagen levels decrease by 30% when we turn 40.

The low rate of collagen makes our skin more susceptible to sunburn, which can lead to inflammation. Once inflammation begins to occur, it signals the body to release metalloproteinases, the enzymes that break down our collagen. This creates a cycle that makes us vulnerable not only to wrinkles but to skin cancer and other degenerative conditions.

So what’s our conclusion?

Collagen is a very important ingredient and it is even more important as you get older. To benefit from the advantages of collagen, take the Collagen Booster supplement powder daily to promote collagen in your body and provide extra protection to your skin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Collagen Booster Limited